Syracuse Habitat for Humanity is currently seeking applicants for a “home build” for veterans. Syracuse Habitat builds/renovates homes and sells them to their partner families at 0% interest rate, making homeownership affordable for families who would not qualify for a conventional mortgage based on their income.
Applicants must meet eligibility requirements, which include:
- Current Onondaga County resident residing in sub-standard housing
- Monthly gross income meets Housing & Urban Development guidelines (based on family size)
- Good credit established over past 24 months
- Willing to work 300 “sweat equity” hours (these 20-30 hours/month are spent assisting with construction, attending required classes and other activities)
- Be able to pay a $1,000 down payment upon acceptance in the program
You can contact Syracuse Habitat for Humanity for an application at:
308 Otisco St.
Syracuse NY 13204