It is that time when we begin to think about new leadership for the VCNG, as our current members will complete their commitments in June. If you are interested in taking on a leadership role within the VCNG, please let co-chair Emily Franco know prior to April 20, when we will discuss this topic at our monthly meeting. The various positions are described in our Charter and any one of our officers will be happy to talk with you more about their duties if you have questions.
We have accomplished many of our original goals and are starting to plan the future direction of our group. We want your input! Please take a few minutes to share how the VCNG can better serve your needs.
We are hosting the meeting at Humphreys so we can participating in the Corned Beef and Cabbage Luncheon fundraiser for United Way ($7 per person) no additional lunch will be provided, only beverages.
Humphreys Service Building B26A Shops Conference Room from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Humphreys Service Building is located on Rt. 366, across from the Hoy Road entrance. There is visitor and permit parking at the building, as well as permit parking at the Oxley lot (depending on permit you have). Bus Routes 82 and 92 serve central campus and come past Humphreys for anyone using that method of transport.
12:00 to 1:30 PM @ East Hill Office Building (EHOB) Room TBA
- Opportunity to Network and Enjoy Lunch
12:15 Judy Appleton, Vice Provost, to attend and talk with us about ROTC, and veteran initiatives at Cornell.
- 12:45 David Stipanuk, professor emeritus, School of Hotel Administration and veteran, will talk about a community service project he has been involved in called Feed My Starving Children. Links: www.fmsc.org and www.ithacamobilepack.org
- Women Veteran’s workshop update – September 29, 2014 from 1:00 to 4:00 (note time change to afternoon)
- Vietnam Veterans Commemorative Partnership Program update– Tuesday, September 23 from 4:30 to 6:00 – Location TBA
- Committee Updates
- Community service/TeamRWB – Nicole Jefferson/Jase Baese
- Event Planning – Rick Roper
- Public Relations – Cassie Joseph
- Ad hoc – Dedicated staff member
- Ad hoc – Communications strategy
- Ad hoc – Mentoring initiative
- Ad hoc – Events strategy
- Update from Kevin Justian
- Next meeting dates, locations TBD
- 11/17 (and Veterans Day event-Tues. 11/11/14)
- 12/15 (or social event)