In addition to health care, dental, vision, retirement, and all the standard-issue benefits – sure, we’ve got those – note some of the unique “perks” we have to offer, demonstrating Cornell’s commitment to being a great place to work.
Commuter Support Services/Transportation
- M*A*P (Motorist Assist Program) is a free service provided by Commuter and Parking Services to jump-start your vehicle, inflate a soft tire, provide a gallon of gas, de-ice your locks, or help you free your car if you’re stuck in the snow.
- Cornell’s pioneering Blue Light Program promotes and safeguards personal security and well being on the Cornell campus, particularly at night.
- Procurement Services provides Employee Personal Purchase Discounts through companies like Agway True Value, Apple, AT&T, Hertz, FedEx, Dell and Microsoft. National store discounts are available to Cornell Tech and Weill Cornell Medical College employees.
- SUNY Corporate Perks – Employee discount and savings program with offers from a wide variety of merchants, vendors, and providers. To join, click the “Register Now” link. When creating an account, click the “Don’t have a SUNY email address?” link and enter an email address of your choosing and the Company Code: sunycp Click here to view the flyer. To watch a 90-second video about how the program works, click here.
- The Cornell Store provides a wide array of products and services to make living and working on campus more convenient. In addition, they offer academic pricing on selected technology products for staff and faculty.
- The Community Practice Service at the Cornell University Hospital for Animals offers staff and faculty a discount on well visits for their companion animals (present Cornell ID card at appointment).
- MealChoice is the meal plan designed exclusively for Cornell staff and faculty, giving you convenient, cash free access to Cornell Dining locations, campus vending machines with card readers, and Ithaca-area restaurants participating in City Bucks.
- As a Cornell employee, you are eligible for a discount on your personal cell phone plans and accessories through our preferred supplier(s).
- Cornell employees can rent a passenger vehicle for personal use at a discounted rate through Cornell contract suppliers.
- As one of the 10 largest academic research libraries in the United States, Cornell University Library is a highly valued partner in study, teaching and research at the university. Cornell faculty and staff can use their Cornell ID cards to borrow books and other materials such as journals, videos or reserve items. View the Cornell University Library borrowing policies for faculty and staff.
- There are two banks centrally located on the Ithaca campus: CFCU Community Credit Union and Tompkins County Trust Company in the Cornell Store. Automatic Teller Machines (ATMs) from various banks are located across campus.
- The Cornell PostMarket offers most of the services you expect when visiting a United States Postal Services office (USPS), including postage stamps, packaging supplies, shipping services and forms, passport photos, and mailbox rentals.
- Drop off dry cleaning and bulk laundry is available to the campus community through Cornell’s service centers.
Health and Wellness
- Gannett Health Services (pharmacy, physical therapy, and other medical services on campus) primarily serves students, with limited services for staff and faculty.
- The Cornell Wellness Program offers fitness centers, workshops, and information on wellness.
Cornell University does not endorse, warrant, or guarantee any of the products or services offered by any of the above-listed third party vendors, and will not be liable for damages of any kind resulting from your use of these products or services. ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ithaca Tompkins Regional Airport launched a rewards program to benefit customers who utilize the airport.
The new rewards program provides terminal patrons with parking discounts, food and beverage discounts at the café, and automatic entry in giveaways such as flight vouchers.
“The airport provides a relaxing and convenient start to traveling, and with this new rewards program it is our way of thanking travelers for flying with us,” said Airport Manager Mike Hall.
Enrollment in the program is free. To enroll, visit flyithaca.com.
The Ithaca Tompkins Regional Airport is a major economic engine for Tompkins County with nearly $70 million annual positive economic impact and supporting 510 jobs. The airport provides a relaxing and convenient start to traveling, beginning with a short trip to the airport, plentiful nearby parking, free Wi-Fi, and short check-in lines. The airport is a major international and national gateway for Cornell University, Ithaca College, and Tompkins Cortland Community College. With competitive fares, over 200 one-stop destinations, and direct flights to Philadelphia, Newark and Detroit, you can easily and economically get to your final destination by flying Ithaca. The airport offers an average of 24 daily arrivals and departures on three air carriers: Delta, US Airways and United. Close to a quarter of a million passengers enjoy traveling through ITH every year. The airport is located at 1 Culligan Drive Ithaca, NY 14850. Telephone: (607) 257-0456. Online: www.flyithaca.com, or visit on Facebook and Twitter.