Thursday, November 9, 2017 – The 15th Annual Ithaca College Veterans Day Celebration – 12:00-1:00pm
Ford Hall in the Whalen Music Center. This is a uniquely Ithaca and Ithaca College performance – based celebration. We hope you can attend.
Friday 10 Nov 2017 commencing at 0600 – The Cornell ROTC Brigade will be conducting Marine Corps Birthday PT
Inside Barton Hall celebrating the 242nd U.S. Marine Corp birthday. It is supposed to be very cold on Friday morning. So if you plan to join us, I would dress appropriately and bring your own water source. There will be a cake presented at the end of the physical training session around 0700 in Barton Hall. The plan is to run to five different locations around campus (Schoellkopf, Kane Track, Oak tree across the soccer field on Tower Road, and Barton Hall) doing a series of exercises with a pause for a Marine Option Midshipmen to speak about a Marine and/or historical event. Along the route, we will execute a series of exercises with the goal of executing 242 reps at each location.
Saturday November 11, 2017 – Team RWB Veteran’s Day Game
Saturday, November 11, 2017 – Veteran’s Day Fun Walk/Run – 9:30am
When: Saturday, November 11th at 9:30 AM
Where: Dewitt Park
What: The 1st Annual Veterans Day 5K Fun Run/Walk
Why: To show support for America’s Veterans
Show your support by:
• Wearing Red, White and Blue
• Wear a Team RWB shirt from https://www.goruck.com/
• Run or Walk with Old Glory
• Donate to Team RWB on site with cash or check or online at https://
Event sponsored by Ithaca Police Department all donations will benefit Team Red, White & Blue.
Please plan to stay at Dewitt Park after the run/walk for the Tompkins County Veterans Committee Veterans Day Ceremony @ 11 AM.
Saturday, November 11, 2017 – Veteran’s Ceremony – 11am, DeWitt Park, Ithaca
Tompkins County Veterans Committee Veterans Day Ceremony
Saturday, November 11, 2017 – Veterans Day Ceremony and Luncheon – 11am, The Green in Dryden
From the Dryden Veterans Home:
We invite all the veterans to the Veterans Day ceremony at the Green in Dryden.
Ceremony starts at 11am on the 11th of November. This is dedicated to Honor all Veterans who have given all for our Country. Then a free luncheon will be held at the Dryden Veterans Memorial Home (2272 Dryden Rd, Dryden, NY 13053) starting at 12 noon, until.
We invite all veterans to join us. A donation basket will be out, but there is no cost to anyone. This is put on by the VFW and American Legion. Please sign up by calling the DVMH at 607-844-9900.
To all our supporters of our Memorial Day Parade & luncheon.
Many of you may not know that on Veterans Day the American Legion and VFW conduct a memorial ceremony
at the village green honoring those that gave all for their country. There is no parade, but for those so inclined,
you are invited to join us at the green to honor those Veterans and this year for a luncheon at the Dryden Veterans
Memorial Home. Detail below. Thank you for all your support.
Veterans Day Memorial Ceremony
Nov. 11, 2017 at 11:00 (Form up about 10:45)
At the Dryden Village Green ( 4 corners Dryden)
No parade, Just ceremony
Veterans Day Luncheon
Nov. 11th at about 12:00 noon until 2:00 or when food is gone
At Dryden Veterans Memorial Home — Route 13
Free (Donations appreciated — funds above expenses go to DVMH Emergency Fund)
Sponsored by Dryden VFW and American Legion.
Sorry for such short notice, I’m just very busy.
Please let all your members know.
Questions — 607-657-2789
Thursday, December 14, 2017 – Veterans Economic Hardship Event –
9:30-12:00pm, Veterans Registration, VA/Community provider’s informational fair.
All Veterans will need to register, and will be issued a bracelet with an assigned number.
Following individuals registration, Veterans can immediately process to the VA/Community provider’s informational fair.
All Veterans will be required to attend the VA/Community provider’s informational fair , and will be issued a provider tracking form to show which providers they have visited with.
Veterans will present their provider’s tracking form back to the registration tables. At that time the assigned number on their issued bracelet will be marked as completed.
12:00-12:30pm, Lunch will be provided for Veterans
12:30-2:00pm– This year Veterans will be assign an attendance number that will be recorded on the issued bracelet at the registration tables . Veterans will be issued a stamp sheet and will be required to visit at least 10 different community/VA providers who will stamp said sheet to show you have visited said stations. Once you have your 10 stamps, bring it back to the registration table, and your bracelet will be mark and your number on the bracelet then will be place in a drawing basket/hat. Starting at 12:30pm, using a lottery system, numbers will be drawn out of the basket/hat in groups of fives depending on the number of Veterans attending this Stand Down event. Each group will be escorted by volunteers and guided through the Surplus line .
No one will be allowed to go through the Surplus material prior to being call up by their assigned bracelet number.
VA staff and Volunteers will be available to answer any questions and assist Veterans as needed throughout the day.
Remember this Stand Down event is to provide Veterans with added community/VA resources information. This year’s Stand Down event will focused on giving Veteran’s a “HAND UP, not just a HAND OUT”
Team Red White and Blue events can be found on our Facebook Page. Join us for a weekly run, races, social events and more!
MEDIA AND AWARDS
Check out some of our VCNG who share their experiences in this exciting video that highlights veteran sat Cornell.
2017 Media and Awards
- WSKG’s interview with Col. Ben Margolius remembering some of his experiences in Vietnam and watching Bob Hope perform. The segments can beviewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTl24pZc1FIand continued here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jip0UP3HXC8with more here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4_SOSSUK5M
2013 Media and Awards
- Vice President for Human Resources, Mary George Opperman led a delegation of veterans and administrators to New York City to receive a prestigious Work Life Legacy Military Award in recognition for supporting veterans in the workforce.
- Cornell University was the only educational institution to win the 2013 Families and Work Institute Work Life Legacy Military Award in large part because of the work of the VCNG in recruitment and support of veterans and the establishment of a Veteran’s Affairs office on campus. Cornell Chronicle, May 2, 2013: http://news.cornell.edu/stories/2013/05/cornell-recognized-its-support-veterans.
- New Veteran’s Affairs Office Open House, Cornell Events Calendar, April 2013: http://events.cornell.edu/event/open_house_for_the_new_york_state_division_of_veteran_affairs_at_cornell.
- Participation in Memorial Day Parade, Pawprint, June 14, 2012: http://pawprint.cornell.edu/?q=articles/2012/06/remembering-veterans-and-the-fallen-at-a-memorial-day-parade.
- Support of veteran recruitment efforts, Cornell Chronicle, Nov. 12, 2012: http://news.cornell.edu/print/1282.
- Rob Morris, Bob Stundtner and Rick Roper, VCNG members, were awarded the Steve Wright Bridge Award for Diversity and Inclusion as part of their commitment to veterans on campus, Facilities Services newsletter, June 2013: http://www.fs.cornell.edu/file/Stundtner,%20Morris,%20Roper%20SWB%202013.pdf
- Hosting the 2012 Veterans Day Ceremony at Cornell: Cornell Chronicle, November 13, 2012: http://news.cornell.edu/stories/2012/11/community-pays-tribute-those-serving-country
- Assistance with recruitment and hiring manager training, Pawprint, November 15, 2012: http://pawprint.cornell.edu/?q=articles/2012/11/cu-ramps-up-efforts-to-attract-support-military-veterans.
2012 Media and Awards
- Sharing Our World event – http://pawprint.cornell.edu/?q=articles/2012/06/remembering-veterans-and-the-fallen-at-a-memorial-day-parade
- Adopt a Platoon – http://pawprint.cornell.edu/?q=articles/2011/12/cornell-veterans-join-in-support-of-adopt-a-platoon; http://pawprint.cornell.edu/?q=tags/veteran%E2%80%99s-colleague-networking-group
- Veteran’s Day Open House – http://pawprint.cornell.edu/?q=articles/2011/11/several-events-are-being-held-nov-8-11-to-recognize-veterans
- Pawprint article Jan 2012 “Cornell University Encourages Veterans to Join its Workforce” interviewed Dan Weed, Davine Bey (Diversity Recruitment Consultant) http://pawprint.cornell.edu/?q=articles/2012/01/cornell-university-encourages-veterans-to-join-its-workforce
- Connected Cornell communications dept. with Bill Huling to produce video of Staff Notes “Bill Huling Assists Veterans In Transitioning” http://www.cornell.edu/video/?videoID=1234
- Cornell Daily Sun article Feb 2012 “Cornell Prepares to Hire More Veterans” interviewed Dan Weed, Rick Roper, Bob Stundtner, Davine Bey http://cornellsun.com/node/50121