Team Red White and Blue events can be found on our Facebook Page. Join us for a weekly run, races, social events and more!
MEDIA AND AWARDS
NEW! Women veterans thrive at Cornell – CornellCast
Check out some of our VCNG who share their experiences in this exciting video that highlights veteran sat Cornell.
2017 Media and Awards
- WSKG’s interview with Col. Ben Margolius remembering some of his experiences in Vietnam and watching Bob Hope perform. The segments can beviewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTl24pZc1FIand continued here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jip0UP3HXC8with more here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4_SOSSUK5M
2013 Media and Awards
- Vice President for Human Resources, Mary George Opperman led a delegation of veterans and administrators to New York City to receive a prestigious Work Life Legacy Military Award in recognition for supporting veterans in the workforce.
- Cornell University was the only educational institution to win the 2013 Families and Work Institute Work Life Legacy Military Award in large part because of the work of the VCNG in recruitment and support of veterans and the establishment of a Veteran’s Affairs office on campus. Cornell Chronicle, May 2, 2013: http://news.cornell.edu/stories/2013/05/cornell-recognized-its-support-veterans.
- New Veteran’s Affairs Office Open House, Cornell Events Calendar, April 2013: http://events.cornell.edu/event/open_house_for_the_new_york_state_division_of_veteran_affairs_at_cornell.
- Participation in Memorial Day Parade, Pawprint, June 14, 2012: http://pawprint.cornell.edu/?q=articles/2012/06/remembering-veterans-and-the-fallen-at-a-memorial-day-parade.
- Support of veteran recruitment efforts, Cornell Chronicle, Nov. 12, 2012: http://news.cornell.edu/print/1282.
- Rob Morris, Bob Stundtner and Rick Roper, VCNG members, were awarded the Steve Wright Bridge Award for Diversity and Inclusion as part of their commitment to veterans on campus, Facilities Services newsletter, June 2013: http://www.fs.cornell.edu/file/Stundtner,%20Morris,%20Roper%20SWB%202013.pdf
- Hosting the 2012 Veterans Day Ceremony at Cornell: Cornell Chronicle, November 13, 2012: http://news.cornell.edu/stories/2012/11/community-pays-tribute-those-serving-country
- Assistance with recruitment and hiring manager training, Pawprint, November 15, 2012: http://pawprint.cornell.edu/?q=articles/2012/11/cu-ramps-up-efforts-to-attract-support-military-veterans.
2012 Media and Awards
- Sharing Our World event – http://pawprint.cornell.edu/?q=articles/2012/06/remembering-veterans-and-the-fallen-at-a-memorial-day-parade
- Adopt a Platoon – http://pawprint.cornell.edu/?q=articles/2011/12/cornell-veterans-join-in-support-of-adopt-a-platoon; http://pawprint.cornell.edu/?q=tags/veteran%E2%80%99s-colleague-networking-group
- Veteran’s Day Open House – http://pawprint.cornell.edu/?q=articles/2011/11/several-events-are-being-held-nov-8-11-to-recognize-veterans
- Pawprint article Jan 2012 “Cornell University Encourages Veterans to Join its Workforce” interviewed Dan Weed, Davine Bey (Diversity Recruitment Consultant) http://pawprint.cornell.edu/?q=articles/2012/01/cornell-university-encourages-veterans-to-join-its-workforce
- Connected Cornell communications dept. with Bill Huling to produce video of Staff Notes “Bill Huling Assists Veterans In Transitioning” http://www.cornell.edu/video/?videoID=1234
- Cornell Daily Sun article Feb 2012 “Cornell Prepares to Hire More Veterans” interviewed Dan Weed, Rick Roper, Bob Stundtner, Davine Bey http://cornellsun.com/node/50121